English speaking lawyers in Malaga

Our solicitors in Malaga advise English speaking clients from all over the world, helping them settle down in the Costa del Sol and handle their legal and tax-related issues successfully. As trusted partners in the Malaga region, the TEJADA Solicitors offer legal advice based on a solid knowledge of the local institutions and regulations, as well as on a strong network of partners.

The law firm can represent your interests in negotiations that require an experienced lawyer or solicitor in Malaga who is fluent in Spanish and English. In case you need to complete a simple bureaucratic procedure while being abroad, a power of attorney (poder notarial) will allow us to us sign official documents on your behalf.

If you are searching for a reliable firm of solicitors in Malaga feel free to contact our team and we will study your case, whether:

You are planning to move to Spain from the UK.
Own a property which needs to be legalised (AFO procedure).
Professional tax advice to file your tax returns.
You intend to buy to let property in Malaga.
Register properties as holiday rentals.
Apply for a Non-lucrative visa, NIE number or Golden Visa.
Need to calculate your non-resident tax and inheritance tax.
Would like to be informed about special tax regulations for ex-pats (Beckham Law).
Digital Nomand Visa.

Malaga Solicitors

What legal procedure would you like us to help you with?

Our property lawyers will guide you through your entire property purchasing process all the way until completion. We handle all the paperwork from debts to taxes, until everything has been handed over and finalised at the Notary Office and your property has been added to the land registry. We also make sure that your property is legal and free of extra charges, whilst the architect takes care of the urbanistic situation of the property, and the tax advisor aids you in all of the necessary taxes involved before and after completion.

We also advise our clients of the overall cost of buying a property in Spain, providing the total cost from the beginning with total transparency. At the end of the entire process, we will send our clients a final bill, where all tax and expenses are paid. If there is a leftover balance, we send the money directly back to you.

If you are selling a property, our property lawyers can give advice on all of the relevant taxes you will be expected to pay, as well as provide you with a guide on the cost of selling. Our solicitors can act as a negotiator on your behalf for the conditions of your property sale, representing you from start to finish.

We ensure that our expatriate clients avoid double taxation, providing the latest advice and information on the double taxation agreement between Spain and your country of origin.

We also provide our clients with all the necessary information and documents relating to tax in Spain, including tax returns, non-resident tax and form 720. We adapt these resources depending on whether our client is a fiscal or non-fiscal resident.

The NIE Number (identification number used in Spain for foreigners) is absolutely necessary for foreigners in order to be able to do certain things such as open a bank account or buy a house etc. It is also the identification that the Spanish Tax Office will use when receiving your non-resident tax payments.

It is important to note that clients can obtain an NIE in Spain without becoming a Spanish resident. An NIE does not allow you to legally reside in Spain.

The Spanish Golden Visa is a global investment plan that issues residency for non-EU citizens who purchase a property in Spanish territory (with an investment of €500,000 or above).

Under the Law of Entrepreneurs, this is an opportunity for non-EU citizens (such as USA, Canada, Arab Emirates, and so on) to invest in Spanish real estate, usually in high-demand areas in Costa del Sol, in return for the acquisition of Spanish residency for themselves and their families. The purchasing process also provides business opportunities, including leasing and tourist rental.

Inheritance tax concerns everyone in Spain; both residents and non-residents. The tax, often referred to as ISD (impuesto de sucesiones y donaciones), becomes payable as soon as an inheritance from a family member or friend is documented – this can be money, property or an asset.

The rules of inheritance tax vary depending on which area of Spain you live in. At Tejada Solicitors, we offer a guide on inheritance tax from the succession law to inheritance tax rates, specifically tailored to your needs.

We provide answers to common inheritance tax queries, such as inheritance tax rates for non-residents and how to reduce your inheritance tax. You can find these answers and more through this page: Inheritance tax in Spain.

There are two ways properties can be rented in Spain, under contracts. Short-term rental contracts (viviendas de uso turístico) are used for work and leisure purposes, whilst long-term rental contracts are considered as permanent homes for the renter.

Long-term rentals come under national law, and, depending on the area in which the property is located, short-term rentals may have regional legislations that apply to the contracts. In some areas, this includes obtaining a license granting you the right to rent for touristic purposes, such as in Andalucia.

Any owner who is renting out their property (both long-term and short-term) must pay tax. Tax rates will vary depending on your circumstances, such as whether you are fiscal or non-fiscal resident. In order to learn more, please visit this page: Renting out a property in Spain.

Need a professional consultation for Solicitors in Malaga?

What our clients say

Thank you for your reviews!

Opening an office or setting up your own business in Malaga

Small and bigger companies have also spotted Malaga as an interesting destination for setting up a new business. Depending on the type of activity chosen, or lawyers will be able to advise you about the legal requirements to apply for a business license.

Apart from solicitors and tax advisors, our team includes architects, who can offer a second opinion from a more technical perspective. Lastly, the legal form of your business will establish your liability and tax burden. If you are still hesitating to set up your business in Malaga you can check the investment guide.

Established & Experienced

Our professional team of solicitors and tax advisors has more than 15 years of experience.

Personal & Independent service

We provide the best customer care through our independent and personalised services.

Competitive fees

Affordable services determined by workload for both legal and tax procedures.

Full & Quick response

You will receive a response by email or telephone within 24 hours of your enquiry.

Legal advice for buying and renting out property in Málaga 

Property rental is a thriving business activity in the city of Málaga, located in the province of the same name. To ensure compliance with legal procedures and avoid potential fines, it is essential to seek the support of a reputable solicitor firm. Málaga offers a vibrant urban lifestyle combined with beautiful beaches, such as La Malagueta and Pedregalejo, making it an attractive destination for holiday rentals. The city benefits from a pleasant Mediterranean climate and a rich cultural scene, attracting visitors from around the world. Additionally, Málaga’s property market often presents diverse options at competitive prices. The city boasts remarkable landmarks, including the Alcazaba fortress, the Picasso Museum, and the vibrant city centre with its charming plazas and bustling markets.

As the tourism sector continues to flourish, both national and local authorities have imposed stricter regulations governing holiday lettings. To ensure compliance with the law, it is crucial to rely on experienced solicitors in Málaga. Tejada Solicitors possess extensive experience in managing rental properties throughout the Málaga region.

The Process of Working with Our Solicitors in Málaga 

If you find yourself in need of guidance regarding tax affairs, property conveyancing, or visas like the Golden Visa, Non-Profit Visa, or Digital Nomad Visa, our primary focus is to equip our clients with a comprehensive understanding of the process and its potential implications. Our objective is to address any apprehensions or inquiries you may have while delivering a customized service tailored to your specific situation and needs. The progression of our assistance follows these steps:

Initial Consultation

Before their visit to Spain, numerous clients contacted us seeking assistance. We highly recommend scheduling an online meeting before your trip to acquaint yourself with the necessary procedures, essential documentation, and crucial deadlines. For certain procedures such as the Golden Visa, planning ahead of your journey is particularly advantageous as you will require legal documentation from your country of residence, duly apostilled.

For clients who are already in Spain, we offer the flexibility of arranging an office meeting, a phone call, or an online consultation. With the prevailing circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, approximately 90% of our clients now prefer the convenience of online meetings, allowing for easier schedule adaptation while also contributing to reducing pollution and environmental impact.

Solicitors in Nerja card presentation

Assessing Your Legal Needs

Upon receiving your inquiry regarding a particular service or resolution of a problem, we undertake a thorough examination of the potential options that can be tailored to suit your specific needs. We propose an initial consultation, either online or face-to-face, enabling both parties to establish a meaningful interaction. During this introductory meeting, our lawyer or advisor collects all the pertinent data required to conduct a meticulous analysis of your case. We evaluate the associated expenses before you engage our services and explore strategies for optimizing tax implications. Our ultimate goal is to attain a comprehensive understanding of the case or procedure before proceeding with further steps.

Developing a Legal Strategy

To navigate certain procedures, such as Property Conveyancing, Golden Visa applications, and Spanish Residency, a well-crafted strategy is essential. Consider the Golden Visa, for instance, where strict adherence to legal deadlines is a prerequisite to avoid visa denial due to non-compliance or late submissions.

Furthermore, determining the opportune time within the fiscal year (January to December in Spain) for relocation holds immense importance, taking into account potential tax savings and deductions. At Tejada Solicitors, we pride ourselves on providing a comprehensive 360º service. Our team comprises solicitors, immigration lawyers, tax advisors specializing in International Taxation, and architects. This diverse expertise allows us to thoroughly examine your case from various perspectives, evaluating how decisions made in the tax, legal, or immigration arenas can impact you. Although these areas are interconnected, it is crucial to possess a comprehensive understanding of the distinct laws and deadlines governing each domain. 

Keeping You Informed and Involved

Transparency is at the core of our operations here at Tejada Solicitors. We make it a priority to ensure that our clients are consistently informed using a range of communication methods, including email, phone calls, Zoom meetings, or WhatsApp messages. You will receive regular updates on the status of your procedure, as well as comprehensive information about any potential risks or obstacles that may arise. Depending on the specific requirements of your case, a specialist with expertise in the relevant field will be assigned to manage it. Furthermore, we provide a monthly newsletter that delivers news and updates concerning tax, legal, and immigration matters that may be relevant to you.

Achieving the Best Possible Outcome

At Tejada Solicitors, our utmost goal is to secure the best possible results for our clients. We recognize that many of our clients come from the UK, Canada, the US, and diverse parts of Europe, and they often face uncertainty when dealing with a foreign country with distinct languages and bureaucratic procedures. It is vital to acknowledge that efficiency should never be compromised for the sake of speed, particularly when it comes to legal and tax matters in Spain. Our philosophy centres around specialization, the effective dissemination of information, and the prioritization of our communication with clients. This ensures that we consistently achieve the most favourable outcomes.

Hire a Lawyer in Nerja process

Why hire Tejada Solicitors in Malaga?

When dealing with the Spanish Law system, ex-pats often face a number of difficulties, from language and cultural differences to bureaucratic hurdles. Depending on the region you want to stay in, taxes and law regulations may differ from one place to another. That is why count on the help of an experienced law firm becomes even more important. For instance, in real estate operations our team of solicitors will be in charge of:

  • Interpreting the legal terms of contracts and deeds
  • Translating documents into your own language
  • Ensuring that transactions comply with local legislation

At Tejada Solicitors Malaga you will be assigned a specialist who takes charge of your case and offers you personalised advice. Though, in practice, our team comprises English speaking professionals specialised in different areas, including lawyers to economists, tax consultants and architects. This can be especially interesting if you are dealing with real estate and local laws in Andalucia. By signing a power of attorney (poder notarial) you can commission one of our solicitors in Malaga to complete a specific procedure on your behalf, for example, if you are abroad.

Contact our team of lawyers in Malaga

Need A Professional Consultation?

Book an appointment in Malaga or schedule an online meeting

Time is your most precious asset and for this reason, we do our best to provide fast and efficient service. A face-to-face meeting in our Malaga offices is certainly the best way to explain a specific procedure in detail. However, on many occasions, a quick call can be just as useful and productive to get the information you need. For this reason, we offer legal advice online, either via Skype or Zoom call besides phone and classical e-mail communication.

In this way, you will be able to make your first inquiries and start preparing any necessary paperwork even before arriving in Malaga. Whether for property conveyancing, tax advice, registering a property for holiday rentals or making a will, do reach out to us and one of our English-speaking professionals will reply as fast as possible.

Our aim is to develop long-lasting cooperation with you, which proves to be profitable for both sides. Indeed, any transaction that you complete in Spain will influence the amount of taxes due. By working with Tejada Solicitors in Malaga, you benefit from regular communications, keeping an updated record of your transactions, and following up with the same specialist. As a family-run business, we believe in clear and efficient communication.

Solicitor in Malaga - Frequently asked Questions

When you buy a house in Malaga, there are many aspects that a solicitor will need to verify for you, such as the validity of the sale contract, the deeds of the house, outstanding debts or building permissions, which are heavily dependant on local authorities. For this reason, it is highly recommendable to work with a firm of lawyers, even more so if you are not proficient in Spanish.

We generally hold a first meeting through Skype or over the phone. This allows our clients to get a first impression of our team. Besides, it allows us to understand what the client is looking for before starting to work together.

The truth is, the price depends on the type of service. The costs for conveyancing are subject to the price of the property, whereas plain legal advice will depend on the number of hours and complexity of the subject. In any event, feel free to send us an e-mail and explain your case.

As a law firm with many years of experience all over the Costa del Sol, we offer services in Malaga city centre, Benalmadena, Fuengirola, Mijas, Marbella, Estepona, Nerja, Velez-Malaga Torrox and Torre del Mar. However, we can deliver our services to any place within the Costa del Sol.

Whether your need a lawyer, a solicitor in Malaga, a tax advisor or even an architect, the TEJADA Solicitors team is prepared to cover your needs in terms of paperwork and carrying out any necessary formalities. We are members of the Malaga Bar Association.

OUR OFFICES          Marbella     –     Nerja     –     Fuengirola     –     Mijas     –     Benalmadena     –     Velez Malaga     –     Torrox     –     Torre del Mar

Visit our office in: C/ Olozaga , Nº5, 3º 29005, Málaga

Interesting legal and tax reads

Checklist for moving to Spain from the UK

When taking the decision to move to Spain from UK, whether it’s for pleasure or necessity, there are several procedures to be completed, some of which aren’t always obvious.

beckham law spain beckham rule

Beckham Law Spain is named after British football star David Beckham. During the time he played for the Real Madrid team, Beckham was one of the first foreign citizens to benefit from the Spanish tax inpatriate regime.


During the last few years it has been possible to buy Spanish property at quite a reasonable price, so as to get good value for your money. However, when buying property abroad for the first time, many things that can be taken for granted.

tejada solicitors team law firm malaga

“The only way to do great work is to love what  you do.”

– Steve Jobs –

Contact Form

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.
Terms and conditions - Data protection acceptance


In fulfillment of the Information legal duty established in the article 13 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679, You are given the following basic information relative to the personal data given.

En cumplimiento del deber legal de información establecido en el artículo 13 del Reglamento (UE) 2016/679, se les facilita la siguiente información básica relativa a los datos personales facilitados.

Purpose / Finalidad


To give the services offered across the web or to attend to other types of relations that could arise with LEGAL AND TAX ADVISORS S.L.P. as consequence of the requests, negotiations or steps that the User realizes by means of the web, as well as the management of sending information and commercial communications by request of the user.


Prestar los servicios ofrecidos a través de la web o atender otros tipos de relaciones que puedan surgir con LEGAL AND TAX ADVISORS S.L.P. como consecuencia de las solicitudes, gestiones o trámites que el Usuario realice mediante la web, así como la gestión del envío de información y comunicaciones comerciales a solicitud del usuario.

Organic law 15/1999, of December 13, of Protection of Personal Data Information (in forward, “LOPD”) and Royal decree 1720/2007, of December 21, by which the Regulation of Development of the Organic Law 15/1999 (RLOPD) is approved, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the PE and of the Council of April 27, 2016, which procedures will be of obliged fulfillment from May, 2018.

Ley Orgánica 15/1999, de 13 de diciembre, de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal (en adelante, “LOPD”) y Real Decreto 1720/2007, de 21 de diciembre, por el que se aprueba el Reglamento de Desarrollo de la Ley Orgánica 15/1999 (RLOPD), Reglamento (UE) 2016/679 del PE y del Consejo de 27 de abril de 2016, cuyas normas serán de obligado cumplimiento a partir de mayo de 2018.

Addressee / Destinatarios

Internal automated file of LEGAL AND TAX ADVISORS S.L.P. and third parties for the development, maintenance and control of the juridical relation that is established when legal authorization exists from the user to do it.

Fichero interno automatizado de LEGAL AND TAX ADVISORS S.L.P. y terceros para el desarrollo, mantenimiento y control de la relación jurídica que se establezca cuando exista autorización legal por el usuario para hacerlo.

Rights / Derechos

Access, rectification, transfer, opposition and right to the oblivion. +info Political Privacy.

Acceso, rectificación, cesión, oposición y derecho al olvido. +info Politica Privacidad.

Additional Information / Información Adicional

You can obtain the whole additional and detailed Information that you need on the treatment and protection of your personal information and the Privacy and Cookies Policy on the link + info Political Privacy.

Puede obtener toda la Información adicional y detallada que precise sobre el tratamiento y protección de sus datos personales y la Política de privacidad y Política de cookies en el enlace + info Politica Privacidad.

Governing Law

For the resolution of all disputes or issues related to this website or the activities developed herein, the Spanish legislation shall be applicable, to which the parties expressly submit themselves, being competent to solve all conflicts related to its use by the Courts and Tribunals of Velez-Malaga.

If any clause included in these conditions of use is declared fully or partially null or ineffective, such nullity or ineffectiveness will only affect the said provision or the part of it that is null or ineffective, while the remaining parts will be upheld as the rest of the conditions of use and such provision or part thereof that is considered affected will be deemed as totally or partially removed.

Ley Aplicable

Para la resolución de todos los conflictos o cuestiones relacionadas con este sitio web o con las actividades desarrolladas en el mismo, será de aplicación la legislación española, a la que las partes se someten expresamente, siendo competentes para la resolución de todos los conflictos derivados de su utilización los Juzgados y Tribunales de Vélez-Málaga.

En el caso de que cualquier cláusula incluida en las presentes condiciones de uso sea declarada total o parcialmente nula o ineficaz, dicha nulidad o ineficacia sólo afectará a dicha disposición o a la parte de la misma que resulte nula o ineficaz, mientras que las demás partes se mantendrán como el resto de las condiciones de uso y dicha disposición o parte de la misma que se considere afectada se considerará total o parcialmente suprimida.